Before Lash Treatments
- Follow basic sanitation procedures
- Fill out Client Record card and discuss treatment.
- Have client remove contact lenses.
- Place client in a partially reclining position in the facial chair.
- Drape clean towel across client's chest to protect clothes.
- Remove all eye makeup thoroughly with a non-oily makeup remover, and dry area.
- Complete client consultation sheet
- Position client comfortably
- Take a before photograph
- Protect client’s hair with a head band or mop cap and drape a towel or bed roll over the client’s upper body to protect clothing
- Sanitize your hands
- Remove any traces of make up using an oil free make up remover and a clean cotton pad, place cotton pad in bin
- Comb through the lashes using a disposable mascara wand, put the mascara wand to the side for later in the treatment
Cleansing is the most VITAL step to a successful bonding. Make sure you prepare your clients natural lashes for the extension application by using Protein Remover wipes or liquid before beginning the treatment. This will ensure you have clean lashes with no residue on them which will aid in creating a perfect bond.
You MUST clean the client’s eyelashes to start with even if they do not have on any makeup.
After cleasning pre-treatment is the next most important step. From cleansers to primers, boosters to pre-bonders - what does it all mean? And exactly how does it even make a difference? Let's talk about it!
The steps on how you complete your pre-treatment has as much of an effect on the retention of the lashes as the glue you use. This can make a very big difference between 2 weeks of retention, and 5 weeks of retention! So the goal with each client is to get it right ! Great lash retention means is client retention!